As most homeowners know, a lot goes into finding your dream home. From location to price to amenities, there are obvious things that fill a checklist when searching for your next luxury home. However, the reality is, the questions must go deeper than surface level in order to ensure you get the best property that is suited for your needs. With that said, ensure you ask the following questions on your house hunt and secure your property with a customized Ypsilanti High-Value Homeowners Insurance policy.
According to an article in About Home, home buyers should contemplate three things: asking price, condition of home, and location of home. In terms of the asking price, ask the following:
- How much did the seller pay for the home? This will determine if the value has increased or decreased since the last owner purchased the home.
- How much does the seller owe on the property? If it’s more than the asking price, it will be a short sale.
- Are there other offers on the home? This may cause a bidding war, so be prepared to offer your maximum budget.
- What are the comparable homes in the area? Make sure the home is listed for a fair price for the neighborhood.
- How long has the house been listed on the market? If the home has been sitting on the market for a while, the seller will be more likely to negotiate price.
In terms of the condition of the home, be sure to inquire about the following:
- What type of foundation does the home have? This will determine how modern the home is and will indicate if any issues are present with the current foundation.
- When was the roof replaced last? The newer the roof, the longer the life expectancy.
- Is there insulation? This will keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter, so it’s critical that you ask!
When asking about the location of the home, include these questions:
- What types of properties are located nearby? Commercial properties and apartment buildings tend to lower the value of the home.
- Where are the closest schools and conveniences? Ask about where the grocery stores are located, gas stations, pharmacies, etc.
- Are there any nuisances? Traffic, airports, etc.
At Thayer-Innes Insurance Agency and Freeman Bunting Insurance Agency, we strive to provide comprehensive insurance solutions to support Ann Arbor homeowners. Our high-value homeowners’ policies can be tailored to meet your specific risk exposures and provides much more coverage than a traditional policy, giving you the peace of mind you deserve. For more information about our products, contact us today at (855) 395-6316.